Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Easter 2008 in Washington DC


So Easter rolls around again, so early this year that it's pretty fridgid in Boston and painful to pack the car in the horrific wind. Will be nice to get to Washington/Maryland where it's a little bit warmer...albiet, JUST a little...

We went to dinner at Jim n Val's, which was awesome. Peppered with the usual Linder-n-Jim banter, and the giggling that always ensues, we had a chance to really hang. That evening made the long ride road trip worth-while. If Greg (Christian?) hadn't flown into the wrong airport by accident, it would have been perfect. ;o)

Easter at Dotty's in Gaithersburg was also great, and brought back lots of the memories as it always does for me, being a tiny kid there with all of them and wishing I had a HUGE family with a million siblings. They are why I wanted at least 4 of my own, close togehter...I just loved it. The fact that the faces change just a little but the grandkids grow SO much and the place is still largely the same - or my memory lets me think it is - makes it as much like "home" as the home I was raised in. Now, the event is never without chaos...two years ago DT (Annie's husband) was in a crazy motorcycle crash on Good Friday. This years event ALMOST missed us, but the OTHER Maddie managed to deliver a healthy full-term baby girl, Danica Marie (dispite Dot's repeated suggestion that the baby be called Ester Bunny), late Sunday night...having no idea she was pregnant. (whoa!) Thank God everyone is well, and Danica was welcomed by all with open arms. MommyMaddie is fine too, so that's all that matters. They say it won't happen again this early for another 275 yrs...It'll be this crazy next year, I have no doubt!

No comments: