Monday, May 19, 2008

A Date With Mom

During my date on Friday night with Joe, he let me know that he is a masterful flirt, to which I laughed like a mom and pushed his hair aside in a "oh you silly boy" kinda way...He then cleared the dining room table, put out candles for me to light, took out the lovely china plates, and made half the meal.

As the food was nearing done, Joe asked, standing at one side of the big table that seats at least 8, where I would prefer to sit. (ok he's actually pretty good at this...how many guys ASK??) I pointed to the "head" of the table, nearest the kitchen - since I always make 22 trips in there to get whatever anyone needs anyway - and Joe makes note, placing my plate there. When I return, he has turned down the lights, and seated his chair, plate, glass, silver and napkin immediately beside mine, so that the chairs have become a little bench on the short end of a long, candle-lit table.

He said "I know most people would sit at the other end...but why would I want to sit so far away from you? This is much more fun."

Ok, he wins. The kid is a good flirt. We talked about how flirting works, and how making someone feel good about themselves always makes you memorable. The quote of the day was when he asked:

"Hey, Mom? Did you get Dad or did Dad get you?" Funny kid...

No comments: