Saturday, August 22, 2009

Beach Therapy

Beach Therapy is a beautiful thing. No matter how much sand gets in my suit, nor how icy the water is, or how windy it gets....or how many black flies there are, how much the parking rates have climbed, or who falls backward into my cooler (don't laugh, it happens regularly)....I need some beach therapy. I can't believe summer is nearly over and that I seem to have missed it again! Last year was such an unusual good/bad tweed with all the comforts of fiberglass underpants and I swore this year I would cherish it more than ever before. Somehow I don't seem to have fulfilled the promises I made to myself and I am closing my eyes and clicking my ruby red shoes to go back to July 1 and get a do-over.

Alas, Christian is traveling again, football is underway, school and CCD are starting soon, cheerleading has begun, and down-time is non-existent - until November or so.

I SWEAR next year will be different. Really. But can I get another day or two of Beach Therapy in before this summer collapses in on me like a landslide? $15 to park seems like overkill but $15 for therapy, now, that's a bargain, right? I'm calling for a Beach Day this week. I can't settle down into fall without a fight...

(and apparently I don't ever want to be photographed in color EVER again...esp at the beach!).

4 comments:

Linda said...

Don't know where you get your energy and spirit!
I know how much you love the beach... we should live closer so at least you could walk on it more often. How about if I move near a beach and you can have sleep-overs?

Lynn said...

Yes, You should move to the Cape.
Splendid.

AAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!! j/k. ;o)

Judy said...

Nothing like a day at the beach to soothe the soul.

Let's buy a compound..........we'll all live there!

Judy said...

BTW - awesome photo of you Lynn!