Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Once Upon A Time - on the Cape.....from Judy.

Lynn and her kids, Linda, Matt, Laura and Cody and I did one of annual 'family days' during the summer. Always an exciting event - we choose a day during my vacation week and are determined to spend it together no matter what we do.

So this particular year - we opt for the go karts, paddle boats etc on Rte 28 in Wareham, to be followed by an afternoon at Scusset Beach. We arrive and start making the rounds of the various activities. Judy and Matt drag racing in Go-Karts, Maddie and Cody trying to reach the pedals with Maddie's car going about twice the speed of Cody's (much to his chagrin, but to Maddie's delight!). All the while I am frantically snapping photos, trying to capture every precious second for posterity and our ever growing family photo collection.

Next we move to the paddle boats - which, unlike any others I have been on - have squirt guns attached to the steering wheels, so not only do you try to crash into each other - but you spray the opponent in the face with a squirt gun as you approach. Is there ANYTHING more fun that??? So....at one point, Lynn is standing on the dock and the rest of us (Me, Cody, Matt, Kath, Bryan and I think Joe) are paddling and squirting away - and I notice Lynn madly clicking away on her camera, much like I had been, to capture the wet hair, screaming faces, and hysterical laughter of all of us. After a few moments, I notice she is sort of motioning me over to one particular side of the pond. Thinking she is trying to help mw with some sneak attack on my prey (MATT!), I pedal my way over...she keeps motioning "a little more, a little more" and finally she stops, grins and begins snapping the camera again in rapid fire. Wow - can't wait to see those shots, I'm thinkin.

Once we get off the paddle boats, I ask to see the pictures and she bursts into laughter - to show me that she was NOT as eager to snap MY photo, as I had thought, but the really HUNKY deck hand who was in control of the ride!!! We now have numerous shots of me, barely in the picture and numerous shots of the tanned, VERY YOUNG, extremely well built, oblivious summer help!

Some things NEVER change! One of the best days EVER I might add! Next installment - the quandary of how to keep Judy in the shade at Scusset!

No comments: