Saturday, February 14, 2009

Teasingly warm days

The last few days have had some real unseasonably warm spring-teasers sprinkled in. Clearly, even the die-hard lovers-of-winter get excited, get outside and get in a few breaths of fresh air.


I'm eager to get outdoors, clean up the yard, wash the remaining dirty salt of the truck and return to sending the children out into the yard and get warmed up for...well, baseball, football...you name it. Just get out there!

I'm waiting for the sports schedules to come, half holding my breath because I KNOW when they do, my "free time" will dwindle and the clock will, again, become my enemy. As I've said so many times before, I can't help but get excited for the games, the sunshine, the smell of spring and the color to return the the world around me. I just can't wait, and yet this teaser-weather has brought it in a little early, and here, on Valentine's Day, I'm holding my breath for spring.


Come on, Mama'Nature....bring her home early for me this year. If March could be littered with some nice days, and April 1st can be a beautiful day as opposed to a April Fool's Joke, I promise I will thoroughly appreciate this spring and summer. I can hear it calling in the distance! Whispers in the wind....hiking, beach days, Concord, Pergatory, even High Rock! And baseball and yes, even soccer....

1 comment:

Linda said...

I hear ya. I am so ready for green grass, bulbs poking up in unexpected places and the sense of rebirth that comes with spring. Oh, and chocolate Easter eggs.