Sunday, September 14, 2008

40 Beautiful Yards, Baby.....

During my journey to Washington, DC for the funeral this weekend, Joey had a game against Weymouth. Little Prince Charming, The Animal, ran the ball 40 yards in the first play of the game!!!! While it figures I missed it, Dad was there to see it for himself, which makes me feel better about not being there. However, there is enormous irony in me being the dingdong carting him to practice, keeping his practice and game stuff ready-for-trouble, and missing his first enormous drive up the field with the ball.

It doesn't matter...there are so many more plays to come, and I am lucky enough to be able to "be around" as often as I am....Just Please, God, grant me a billion more opportunities to see everything they are capable of. That's all I really Need.


Way To Go, Joe...Both boys are playing so well, fluidly & versatile positions. This is going to be a hell of a season, baby. Did I mention I LOVE my job??? There are no "days off", but the pay couldn't be better.



No comments: